retouch up of the harvestmen, -women….well, “harvest people”

I had a great first day sweeping off, foot-skitching seagull crap, then repainting large sections of the mural.  Some of the colors had faded and become an odd purple, while others were holding up pretty well.  The second day I got rained off the roof and it was sad.  I had taken all kinds of notes from the Needle on all areas I wanted to ramp up the highlight, deepen a shadow, or rein in a longer or more intense highlight.  (on a side note, the previous word is indeed spelled rein, never reign in this metaphorical sense…I had to look it up 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgewOQZm3iY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-9SImjBYJY


I dragged my rolling box o’ stuff up and had to get a whole slew of new color quarts, (of which I promptly ran out).  But I did manage to get a once over on everything except the core shadow which I thought would be cool to deepen in a way that hadn’t ever been even when it was brand spanking new 2 Augusts ago.  But the drizzle then fierce wind then full on rain started and I left…before I could check to see if the grayish blue of the core shadow was coming down in runnels like teary mascara.

 

A good friend went up a couple days ago and reported it looked good, so great!  I do hope to get to the roof again this spring to tease out some even more realistic highlights…but until then, it feels great to have it looking clean and new again.

The following photo is before touch-up, by the way…

 

 

 

 

| 0