This is an assignment I gave my science illustration class, where the bulk of our work was to scratchboard the head and another part of the bird, then digitally create the black or dark silhouette for the body. There were opportunities to use our artistic licenses, which I took. I am not finished but almost to the point where I will scratch. The mockup went from a stylized few vultures feeding on an armadillo to a triad of birds plucking each other’s eyeballs out…I sketched out ripped out eyes on the bottom.
As you can see, its just been penwork so far with a micron 0.5mm. There is no volume in the head and it will be very different once I get much more darkness in it.
A likely tshirt design for me in the near future!